- About Fountain Pools
- Products and Services
- 10 Reasons to Love Us
- Associations and Organizations
Fountain pools is a second-generation pool builder that gets more than three-fourths of its business from referrals. Owner Bill “Gator” Green started working for his father, Bill Sr., in 1980, when he was only 10 years old. Over the next 28 years, Gator learned the in's and out's of every aspect of swimming pool design, construction and management. He's also learned what it takes to make his customers happy, as evidenced by his extremely high referral rate. Gator is happy to point out that you won’t see a great big yellow page ad for Fountain Pools. “Those big ads are for pool builders who don’t get enough referrals.”
Fountain Pools is a solid company, with strong reserves. They’re one of only a handful of Florida pool builders with a $5 million bond rating. That’s important, because a “lifetime structural warrantee” doesn’t mean much if your pool builder goes out of business. Sadly, that’s increasingly common here in Florida. But while other builders are going out of business, Fountain Pools is actually expanding. They’ve just moved their main office to a brand new state-of-the-art facility on Tamiami Trail (Highway 41 in Punta Gorda) and have their Satellite office located in Cape Coral. With a full size swimming pool, waterfalls, water features, and over a thousand tiles, pavers and interior finishes on display, the Fountain Pools facility is like no other.
- Lifetime Guarantee – Every pool comes with a Lifetime Structural Warranty on the shell. Guaranteed not to leak for as long as you own the pool.
- Extensive Experience – We’ve built well over 2000 commercial and residential swimming pools, spas, fountains, and water features. Our owner, Gator Green, is a second-generation pool builder with 29 years’ experience, right here in South Florida.
- Extensive Referral Record – More than three-fourths of our business is repeat business and/or from referrals. Sure-fire proof that our customers are delighted with our work.
- Extensive Showroom – We’re not working out of a small office or the back of a pick-up truck. We have a brand-new state-of-the-art facility with a full-size display pool and more than 500 tiles, pavers, water features, and other options on display. You can see, touch, and feel the materials before you make any decisions.
- Highly Recommended by Florida Home Builders – Home builders have very strict needs in terms of quality, craftsmanship, timeliness, and speed of delivery. We’re proud to be a preferred pool builder for many of the best-known home builders in Southwest FL.
- Low-Maintenance, Energy-Efficient Construction - From oversized plumbing and filters to energy-efficient pumps, lights and heaters, a Fountain pool costs less to own and takes less time to maintain.
- Member of FSPA and APSP – The Florida Swimming Pool Association (FSPA) and the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals (APSP) provide ongoing training and education for pool builders. They also insist on ethical business practices from their members. As pool professionals, we believe all pool builders should be active in these organizations.
- $5,000,000 Bond Rating – Fountain Pools is a solid company with strong reserves. We’re one of only a handful of Florida pool builders with a $5 million bond rating.
- No-pressure Sales Philosophy – We know that buying a swimming pool is a big decision for any family, and you probably don’t want to be rushed. We’re okay with that. We’ll help you whenever we can, but we’ll never try to pressure you into a sale.
- Upgrade to Pavers at No Extra Cost – Thanks to our high volume of paver installations, we’ve negotiated special discounts from most of the major paver manufacturers. In many cases, we can upgrade your pool deck to pavers at no extra cost.
All members of The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals agree to be dedicated to and to comply with the following ethical principles and policies:
- To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
- To hold all necessary federal, state and local licenses, registrations and permits.
- To hold legally required liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and bonding.
- To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
- To advertise products, services and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state and local advertising practices requirements.
- To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
- To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
- To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products or services.
- To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business Bureau or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
- To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
- To use the APSP name, logo and other intellectual property only when and as permitted by APSP, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in APSP.
- To file a complaint with APSP regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
- To cooperate fully with any APSP investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
- To encourage utilization of APSP educational offerings as a means of enhancing the professional skills and business integrity of APSP members and their employees.
The Florida Swimming Pool Association serves as the coordinating organization for swimming pool builders and other pool industry professionals who have committed to abide by the FSPA membership code of ethics.
In addition, the FSPA provides government relations representation on behalf of its members to the Florida Building Commission and the Construction Industry Licensing Board as well as other legislative bodies that regulate the swimming pool industry in Florida (such as the Department of Health).
The Association provides educational courses for industry professionals, produces an annual industry trade show, and acts as the consumer resource for finding reliable professionals in the swimming pool industry.
Believing that honesty and integrity, high ideals and concern for the welfare of the pool industry and the public we serve are both desirable and necessary, and in a sincere effort to promote the mission of the Association, members of the FSPA pledge themselves to:
- Keep honesty as our guiding business policy.
- Comply with the spirit and letter of business contracts, existing laws and codes, and manage employees, subcontractors and suppliers with fairness and honor.
- Provide fair and expeditious response to claims covered under warranty.
- Work for the benefit of the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction practices backed by integrity and service.
- Keep informed regarding public policies and other essential information which may affect our business interests and those of the pool industry as a whole by attending the minimum number of association meetings as prescribed by my local Chapter.
- Promote the concepts of free enterprise and service to the public and the industry.
- Make all advertising and sales promotion factually accurate, use only competent testimonials, avoid those practices which tend to mislead or deceive the customer, and refrain from false or misleading criticism of competitors.
- Support and abide by the decisions of the Association in promoting and enforcing the Code of Ethics and cooperate with any investigation related to such enforcement.
More information at: floridapoolpro.com.
The Certified Pool/Spa Operator® certification program has delivered more training than any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 200,000 successful CPO® certifications in 44 countries.
CPO® certification courses are designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. It covers 14-16 hours of information from the NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator? Handbook (provided) and local codes taught by an NSPF® Instructor.
Instructors receive comprehensive training and certification to teach the CPO® certification program. These instructors represent every segment in the aquatic industry including operators, health officials, service professionals, builders, manufacturers, property managers, retailers, and academicians. The training these instructors provide has helped protect millions of swimmers by reducing hazards at aquatic facilities.
Pool Corp, the world's largest wholesale distributor of swimming pool supplies, equipment and related leisure products, has identified a select number of pool builders from around the United States to join the ranks of an “Ultimate Swimming Pool” builder. A pool builder must meet specific requirements in the areas of quality, craftsmanship, business stability and customer satisfaction before they may use the Ultimate Swimming Pools trademark. We are one of the few selected “Ultimate Swimming Pools” builders in this area.
Fountain pools is a License and Insured Pool Builder for the greater Punta Gorda/southwestern Florida area.
The Jandy “Pro-Edge” designation is reserved for a select few Jandy dealers who meet strict requirements for capability, reputation and customer satisfaction. Most Jandy equipment (pumps, filters, heaters, etc.) that is installed by an official Jandy Pro-Edge builder (such as Fountain Pool & Water Features) receives a three year warranty instead of the normal one-year warranty.
Jandy® pool and spa products are designed to let you spend time enjoying your pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. From their award-winning control systems and pool and spa heaters to waterfalls, automatic cleaners, and more, Jandy® products offer the convenience, performance and advanced technology you demand.